Aldo ‘Valgorth’ Requena, is an Argentine artist known in particular for his dark creations and association with the metal music scene. With over a hundred designs published worldwide, his artwork has featured on albums, books, apparel, posters advertising and film. He also runs a graphic design company called HAMMERBLAZE.
– His breakthrough came in 2003 working with the cult Swedish metal band LOST HORIZON.
– In 2005, he produced his first cover art for the German heavy metal group PARAGON.
– In 2008, he established HAMMERBLAZE Productions to release his own art and provide graphic productions for bands, musicians, labels and publishing companies.
– Aldo Requena has spearheaded diverse operations for bands, musicians and labels (LOST HORIZON, SKILTRON, WIZARD, DAVID SHANKLE (former MANOWAR), BLACK MAJESTY, FEANOR, HOLYHELL, PARAGON, IN-DEFILADE, WACKEN METAL BATTLE, MASSACRE RECORDS, REMEDY RECORDS, VIC RECORDS and many more).
– In 2016, Aldo unveiled his vision of the creature "The Thing" for an art book commemorating the 35th anniversary of John Carpenter's cinematic horror masterpiece "THE THING". This volume was released at San Diego Comic Con by Printed In Blood.
– In February 2017, Requena created artwork and authentic invocations in Latin for the "Necronomicon" book used on the Argentine movie “NECRONOMICON” by BARAKACINE productions.
– Aldo has worked on illustrations for video games (GAME OF WAR and VAIN OF GLORY).
– He created concept art for a story depicting the life of Scottish folk hero William Wallace. This project was for author and fight director Seoras Wallace (BRAVEHEART, GLADIATOR films), to be presented as referential art for a TV series project in the UK.
Artist photo by JPA Photography